Saturday, January 4, 2014

When it rains it pours...

Upon my return from Napa, I literally became obsessed with finding the perfect location for my brick and mortar. I looked at so many building in and around Gig Harbor, I was starting to confuse myself about what I was even looking for. I had noticed that the space I really wanted was available to lease but the monthly rent was "out of the question" high and the owner was not looking to sell. I continued to look for a couple months and started to feel the dream slip through my fingers. That was until we had the biblical rains in September of 2013. There was more rain that fell in 24 hours than had been on record in 45 years!  I was looking at one property across the street when I glanced over at my ideal, pie in the sky property, I looked over at my agent and said, "that's the property I want, it's perfect".
The very next day, I got a call from my agent, she had reached out to the property owner of my dream property (see pic above) and due to the rains, the sump pump had failed and the owner was looking to sell. It was like it was written in the stars! After a inspection and some serious convincing, I was able to find a investment company to purchase the building that I would agree to lease. On December 31, 2013, I got the keys.


It was going to be a wonderful 2014!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment